1.22.2010

Brainstorming

I couldn't fall asleep last night. My mind was going a million miles an hour. As soon as I get my camera (which could be as early as Monday!!) I plan to practice lots! I'm going to use my sister as my first victim.

The Model: Vicky in her wedding dress (and possibly mine as well, mine is a little more swooshy- yes that's a word. )

The Location: My parents living room. They have super tall ceilings, with white couches, one upright single couch thing and super dark hardwood floor and 2 tall windows with long curtains. Can you picture it? I can and it's going to be fabulous!

The Goal: To take lots of pictures and experiment with my camera settings and lighting and whatnot. Hopefully get some good shots and come out feelings encouraged and inspired!

As I was lying in bed I was picturing where I wanted to postition her, how I wanted her to pose, what kind of images I wanted to capture. I could see the picture in my head and hope that I can translate it onto the camera the same way. But that's what practice is for.

I'd love to get into doing "Trash the Dress" sessions where women wear their wedding dresses and we take the photos in more unpristine locations. By that I mean a little more into the elements- water, mud, snow, dirt, etc. I've seen some photos from these kind of sessions and LOVE them. That would be one thing that I'd like to get into more. I don't know that I could put my own wedding dress through that kind of exposure but maybe there are others out there who don't mind.

3 comments:

  1. Keep brainstorming! I just hate it that your most productive brainstorming happens just as you lie down to go to bed. Story of my life.
    You could get a florist to do up a really simple bouquet for your session, just to look even more legit? Just an idea. I find it easier to photograph brides with something in their hands...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh good point Frances. I'll maybe look into that. Or pick up a few stems of calla's on the way or something. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vanessa! I didn't know you were into doing photography! How exciting. we have been wanting to do some family pics for awhile and I was thinking maybe you could do them. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a note! I love reading your comments! All comments are moderated by me.

Followers