1.24.2010

Inspiration Overload

My thoughts and ideas are consuming me! I can't go even part of the day without thinking something photography related. "I wonder when my camera will get in." "I wonder when I can do the photo shoot with Vicky." "I wonder how I should do her makeup." "I know of a GREAT idea for a photo shoot!" "Who should be my model?" Etcetera. Etcetera. Etcetera.

These ideas are still haunting me at night! In a good way. I wish I could dial down the thinking but somehow that doesn't seem to work! I am getting lots of ideas and have talked to a few people about potentially being my subjects. I've already got another photo shoot lined up with friends of mine. It'll also be her in her wedding dress but we're going to take advantage of the fact that she hasn't had it cleaned yet since her wedding and do some more outdoorsy shots and I'm going to buy an insanely long piece of tuele (I'm talking like 5 meters worth!) to use as a veil. My cousin had some shots done with a long veil like that and they were gorgeous!

The list could go on and on. But I consider it a good thing. It's when I run out of ideas that I'll start to worry!

I've looked through about 15-20 magazines now, both fashion and wedding ones, and have ripped out a gazillion pictures of poses that intrigue me. I'm taping them all into a sketch book type thing so I can always refer back to it before and during photo shoots. I think I've already realized a lot about my style just from doing this exercise.

I've never been a huge fan of cheesy poses. When my husband and I were looking for a photographer for our wedding the main thing I didn't want was someone who did cheesy poses. I wanted lots of candid looking photos. That's why I chose the photographer that I did. He still put us in poses but they were different and not the "let's-stand-beside-each-other-holding-hands-and-smiling-for-the-camera" type of poses.

Another thing I realized is that I was drawn to the more high fashion-esque photos. Not that they are appropriate for every client or every situation, but I love them and think they would be great for some portrait/one-on-one shoots. I'm going to try some out with my sister.

I also love the pictures done with old fashioned chairs. Weird? Maybe but I love them. And, oddly enough, I liked the ones with the more serious expressions. I never liked doing the non-smiling photos myself, but in a picture they can really set the tone. And I love pictures with fire place mantles. My parents have one and I'm going to utilize it. I wonder if it could support the weight of a person? I might have to have James inspect it for that because I have some wicked ideas for poses on there!

See... inspiration overload! But I'm still loving it all! I haven't had this much desire and motivation and inspiration for something in a LONG time and, boy, does it feel good. My biggest fear, still, is that I won't be able to convey my ideas in the actual photo, and through the camera. But I'll practice and if it's still not working out just right then I can always ask people for help or take a course or something. Not the end of the world. I won't be a pro overnight.

Here's hoping my camera comes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a note! I love reading your comments! All comments are moderated by me.

Followers