1.04.2011

Williams Lake Wedding /SHARON & GEOFF

Sharon was the first bride to ever email me about doing wedding photography. I knew Sharon throughout highschool since her sister and I were good friends, so I was very excited and honoured to be able to capture her wedding day for her!

I first met Geoff at their engagement session back in September. There was no doubt at all that these two were in love. And liked to laugh. A match made in heaven! One of the things that stands out the most to me from their wedding is Geoff's selflessness. He always made sure other people's needs were met before his own. When we offered him some toe warmers to keep his feet warm while we took pictures he gave them to his sister-in-law who was wearing heels and freezing cold! When we offered him a granola bar he gave it to his nephew. No wonder he's so well liked by so many people!

And Sharon, what a beauty! I met her and the girls at the salon in the morning to do her hair and then started taking pictures after that. She looked phenomenal. Her make-up was done by a friend from Vancouver (if you want her contact info just email me) and her dress was stunning. One of the most stress-free brides I've seen yet!

Their ceremony was beautifully decorated by her mom and aunt and suited their Winter Wonderland theme. The 15 minute ceremony was officiated by Sharon's dad, it was short and sweet! Definitely the shortest wedding I have ever been to. When a couple sees each other for the first time at the ceremony I always watch the groom as the bride approaches. Geoff's anticipation for his bride was by far the best I've seen yet! As soon as the wedding march started playing on the piano his face lit up and the nerves kicked in! It was really sweet.

Right after the ceremony we headed to a family friend's backyard for pictures. This backyard was unlike any backyard I've ever seen. They had built a small western town complete with a prison, saloon and even a chapel! Probably the funnest backyard for a kid to play in!

I will also never forget how cold it was for this wedding! -20 Celsius at one point. Sharon and Geoff never once complained about it. James and I were so impressed with them. If I was even thinking that I felt cold I would just remind myself that Sharon was out there in a wedding dress and she was doing just fine so I would be ok, too! The snow was beautiful for the pictures. So fun.

Well, I hope you enjoy these pictures. I'm really happy with how the whole lot turned out. There's quite a few pictures here but I was with them for a long time that day and have lots to show! Thanks again, Geoff and Sharon, for letting me be part of your day/weekend! I loved shooting your wedding and hope you like the results!


A few of the details from the morning.






Some of Sharon's lovely bridesmaids capturing the day on their cameras as well!

Hello shoes! Loved these shoes from Charlotte Russe! And I must say, they go great with the rolled up jeans!

Such cute Vera Wang flats!

The flats are great, but these boots were definitely the best choice for the portrait session





Bouquets arranged by Sharon's sister-in-law

The mothers of the couple!





Waiting in the next room for the ceremony to start





Waiting anxiously as Sharon is about to come into view!


Such a proud father








Mr. and Mrs.!!


Time to brave the cold and snow, they rocked it!


Sharon, you are just gorgeous here!


I love this next one.

And these two!










B-E-A-Uuuuuutiful!




Geoff, you were quite handsome yourself!




Geoff had the best group of guys in his bridal party. I don't have a single picture where none of them are laughing! So great.

The whole gang.

Reception details. So pretty.











7 comments:

  1. Another beautiful wedding, captured perfectly by Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a small world!

    I'm looking at these photos and I realize it is the same wedding my friend Kym attended in PG as a bridesmaid.

    Looks like it was a chilly...but beautiful shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that IS a small world! too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous event! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous14.1.11

    I just love a gorgeous winter wedding! These photos are beautiful. You have definitely captured how in love these two are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice work Vanessa - the couple must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lyndsey! So far I've only heard good things from them! =)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a note! I love reading your comments! All comments are moderated by me.

Followers