10.19.2010

Post-Wedding Reflections

Saturday has come and gone. I can no longer say that I've never photographed a wedding. Yet I find it hard to believe that I have. It's amazing where your dreams can take you. If someone told me even two years ago that I would be shooting a wedding this last weekend I probably would have laughed and said, "I wish!" But I did. I had a dream, I pursued it, and I did what I have always wanted to do. And I loved every minute of it!

I will never forget Denise and Nico's wedding. They will forever be remembered as the first wedding I ever photographed. The first couple to entrust their entire wedding day into my hands, my camera. I pray that they will be happy with the results. I'm quite pleased with the outcome, but I did still learn a few things.

I wasn't even that nervous in the days leading up to the wedding. I slept fine the night before and I wasn't stressed or shaking the day of. I think big part of that was definitely because of my friend and second shooter. She's not new to the industry like I am so it put me more at ease knowing that I had her expertise to fall back on if I ended up going totally blank or just needed some advice or encouragement. Plus, we got to just hang out and chat when we were driving around and it made the day so much more fun! So, thank you, Frances, for joining me and for helping me be not so nervous!

Overall I think the day went great. No glitches or camera malfunctions or running late. I call that a success right there! I don't have a large repertoire of poses to fall back on for bridal party shots but I think I got some good ones. Looking through all my pictures yesterday I made notes of little things that I want to remember for my next wedding, but nothing major. Just minor changes that I can make to improve that much more!

I loved it. I came home on a high and was so pumped (and a little sore, you do stand a LOT for a wedding!) I'm looking forward to editing all the pictures and am already looking forward to my next wedding which is happening in one month!

And here's one more picture from Saturday that I've fallen in love with...

3 comments:

  1. this one is nice, Vanessa, I can see why you like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, geez. I was so glad to help you! You did great, really! You'd never have known this was your first wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank Frances! I really did appreciate you being there! Looking forward to more weddings together!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a note! I love reading your comments! All comments are moderated by me.

Followers