5.13.2011

One Week

So much has happened in one week. It's been a whirlwind of a week, a busy week. It all started with Mother's Day last weekend.

This was my second Mother's Day and it was a good one. The morning started with church. My mom, sister and brother-in-law joined us at our church and then we came back to our place for beef barley soup for lunch and apple crumble with vanilla ice cream for dessert! So good. After Cheyenne's nap the three of us (James, Cheyenne and myself) went for a walk to our local Starbucks, always a good outing in our opinion! When we got back to our place we got out the"by-yoom" as Cheyenne calls it. It's her ball but she thinks it's a balloon. We watched and laughed and Cheyenne kicked and ran after that ball all Phoebe style (from Friends. Remember that episode where her and Rachel go running together and Phoebe flails her arms around as she runs? Yeah, that's our Girlie, just miniature!) She has the best kick I've ever seen. It's like the goose step. Her leg doesn't bend and keeps swinging around until it's hip level. So cute! And as she chases the ball she yells "I get it. I get it. I get it. I get it." until she gets it. Then we took her baby for a walk in her dolly stroller around the complex.

That's probably my most favourite times as a family. When we're all outside playing together. Watching our little one smile from ear to ear and just soak in her surroundings. She has no fear of getting dirty or wet. It's awesome. This will be a good summer!

The evening ended with pizza night. Always a high light of my week. We waited until Cheyenne was in bed this time so we could enjoy it alone, just the two of us, while we caught up on some of our shows.

The rest of the week was ridiculously busy. Buying a new place is not a low-stress situation! We looked an numerous homes and had multiple conversations about what we liked and didn't like about each one. The pressure of it all has been getting to us. Luckily we have the most amazing realtor to help us with this decision. Judy has been so patient, understanding, honest and accommodating for us, we are so grateful we've chosen her to be our realtor again. Seriously, if you're getting in the market, do give her a call!!

Today we'll know if our house is sold or not. I'll let you know the result!

And thank you so much for your patience in the last couple of weeks. I know I'm not producing much for you to look at these days, but it's been really chaotic around here and I've had minimal time in my dungeon. Hopefully after today things will settle down a bit! I appreciate your understanding so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a note! I love reading your comments! All comments are moderated by me.

Followers