7.13.2010

Macro Magic

I made a new discovery with my camera equipment today! Turns out, I DO have a macro lens. (A macro lens is what lets you get all up close and personal with an object). I have a lens that came in the original camera kit that I ordered when I started my business. It's a wide angle lens but I noticed there was a detachable filter looking thing that said MACRO on it. Hm. Interesting. Today I finally tested it out, and wouldn't you know it, it works!

It doesn't fit on my 50mm f/1.8 lens but it does fit on my 18-55mm lens. I took some pictures of my wedding rings today to see what it can do and how it works, etc. (Our wedding photographer never did take ring photos on our wedding day.) Here's what I the outcome was, although they're not perfect. I still need to practice more with this new Macro lens and learn all the tricks.





I have a photo shoot tonight and my goal is to use my 18-55mm lens a lot. I hardly ever use that lens but I think I should. The reason I don't is because the lowest aperture level is f/3.5-4 which is narrower than I prefer. But, I do like the wider angle of it, opposed to my fixed 50mm lens. I'm debating getting a 35mm lens but that's why I want to play with my 18-55mm to make sure I would use the wide angle more if I had it. So, I put that lens on my camera body so that I have to start with it, and I'll switch out to my 50mm during the shoot.

This is going to be a busy summer. I now have 10 photo shoots booked in the next 5 weeks, and I know of a few more that I want to get done before the summer yet. It's exciting!

Enjoy your evenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a note! I love reading your comments! All comments are moderated by me.

Followers