10.28.2010

What It's All About

God has given me an artistic eye - to view the world, His creation, through my lens. I am so grateful that I'm able to take pictures. Able to interpret life, nature, people, relationships, in a way that speaks beauty to me.

When I decided to start my photography business in January I told my husband that I really wanted to give it a go. I wanted to see if I could actually go somewhere with it. I said that I would try it for a certain amount of time and if I really sucked then I would just sell my equipment or just continue to do it for myself, as a hobby. Well, it turns out I have some skills. Not the best skills, not all the skills, but I have some skills. Clients are proving this to me. My calendar is proving this to me as I have many days marked with photo shoots, ones that are already done and ones that are yet to come.

It makes me so, so very happy when my clients love their pictures. It makes my day to read comments or emails from them saying how much they like the end result. It's humbling. I always think that they must be exaggerating in the words that they're using because I can't possibly be that good at taking pictures. And maybe I'm not, but I think I capture those moments that make people smile and think, "That's us! She captured us. Natural. Loving. Us." That's my hope, at least, that I've captured moments that you can forever look back on and remember, specifically, all the things you were thinking and feeling at that time, in that moment, with that person.

But honestly, your words. Your words are overwhelming. Words like speechless, love, gorgeous, stunning. Phrases like best picture of us ever, can't stop staring at them, your pictures keep getting better and better, you really capture something special. Every time I read your comments I literally get goose bumps on my skin and a huge smile on my face. This is what it's all about.

The moment I stop getting goose bumps at someone's revelry over my pictures is the day that I will stop taking pictures. I hope that I will never become arrogant or cocky about my work and always offer advice or tips to those just starting out in the business because I too am just starting out and know how much I valued Photographer's time and answers to my questions. You can hold me to this. Keep me in check!

Thanks to all of you, again. I wouldn't be succeeding in this early stage of my business if it wasn't for you.

6 comments:

  1. Keep pushing and believing you can do this Vanessa - we wouldn't trust you with our wedding photos if we didn't think you took gorgeous photos!

    Your photography has grown so much in the past year, I can't wait to see what it will be in 11 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! You're faith in me only motivates me to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! Glad to have joined you along your journey! Your work just keeps getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justine28.10.10

    I know exactly how you feel! I love reading clients comments!!!
    So looking forward to our family shoot in November! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! It'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a note! I love reading your comments! All comments are moderated by me.

Followers