11.10.2010

Love Is

I realized the other day that I rarely ask God for forgiveness. So I thought about this. Did I murder anyone this week? Of course not. Did I cheat on my husband? Heavens no. Did I actually think that I hadn't done anything that required forgiveness? It started to seem like it.

I mentioned this to a friend and she shared a verse with me...

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."


Wow, did that ever open my eyes! All of a sudden I have multiple aspects of my day and life to ask God for forgiveness for. If God is Love, and these are the attributes of love, then this is who He is and how I should be striving to live my life.


Anyway, just thought I'd share that.


Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day!! I have a fabulous bridal session planned and 2 good friends of mine will be helping me out. It'll be different from the bridal sessions you've seen me do thus far. This one has some flare to it! Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...so true! I think about this often. As a Catholic there are quite a few other things that I also think about. Before we go to confession to ask God for forgiveness we are to do an examination of conscience which has you exam the 10 commandments in quite a bit of detail. Some things that are listed I would have never even thought about before I converted. Here is a link to what this examination of conscience might look like: http://www.fatima.org/essentials/requests/examconc.asp

    Have fun at your bridal session! I look forward to seeing the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a note! I love reading your comments! All comments are moderated by me.

Followers