1.22.2011

Being Still. Knowing. Exalting.

“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” -Psalm 46:10


This week has been a quiet week. I haven't blogged since Wednesday but I haven't had words to write. My days have been filled with quiet, deep, constant worship to my God and Saviour. I haven't been able to fall asleep at night, reliving the events of this week, these months, and even these years. So many moments becoming exposed, moments that, until now, I never saw as answer to prayers or a stepping stone in my faith. I've spent many hours this week being still. Soaking in the wonderful experience of God's healing.


I've always known that there was a God and that He loved me and that He had plans for me, but only this week have I come to know Christ and know that He really does know me and love me. I found out after I blogged about my healing that the girl who interrupted our prayer at Life Group was told to do so by God. While the other girl was praying for me God spoke to her and told her that she needed to get everyone to lay hands on me and pray specifically for healing for me. He said my name. He knows me. I'm not just one of a few billion people on this planet, I am His child and He called me by my name. That moves me beyond words could express. My God, the creator of all this beauty that we see in creation, He knows me by my name. Wow.

And so I exalt His name. I praise Him and worship Him for He is worthy. I praise Him for the way He has already used my story to further His kingdom, to encourage others, to show His love. And I'm encouraged by all of you. For those of you that prayed for me, for healing, this story is now yours as well. Thank you. I'm so overwhelmed with joy, and love, and thankfulness, and awe, and humility.

Some of you have shared my story with others, and I love that. This is not something I want to keep to myself. If you know someone who you think could be encouraged by my experience, or know someone who has yet to admit and accept that there is a God who loves them and can really work miracles, then please share this story with them. It's our story, not just mine.

Thanks for understanding my lack of blogging this week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a note! I love reading your comments! All comments are moderated by me.

Followers