1.13.2011

Real Moments Captured

I'm still in a state of excitement; confusion; wonder. In the last two days I've had a total of seven wedding inquiries. That's a total of ten so far this year alone. Sure, none of these inquiries may actually lead to bookings, but still, the thought that brides are seeing my work and liking it enough to contact me for more info is beyond encouraging and uplifting.

I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or not, but on Tuesday I set up Google Adwords because I got some free credit toward it so I figured I may as well try it. Well, the amount I put in is already almost gone. And all these inquiries came the day after it went live. Weird, no? Is Google Adwords really that good or this all just some random coincidence? I can't see my ad anywhere when I search the keywords I put in, but apparently other people can. I've started asking some of the brides where they found out about me because I want to know if this Google Adwords is actually something to invest in.

Anyway, last night I couldn't fall asleep. I felt like I was on a bit of a high. (I assume it was from all of these inquiries but it could very well be from the overdose of antihistamines I've been taking this week to control my freak outbreak of hives. But that's a different story and we'll say it was from the inquiries!) =) It seems unreal to me that so many people have seen my images and like what they see. Someone even referred to my pictures as being "soothing" which I just loved.

So as I was laying in bed I started thinking of words or phrases that I would use to sum up the feel of my photos. I came up with this one... Real Moments Captured. I think that might be a good one. What do you think? At least that's my goal. I want people to love my pictures because I capture the rawness of their emotions. The in between moments. The real moments.

I think one of my favourite sessions from last year was with Sim and Lisa and their kids. They didn't want any posed pictures. She told me to just take pictures of them being a family. Those images were some of the most emotion filled images I've ever taken. You can feel the love through the images.

I'm in the process of tweaking my website and I'm adding a lot of pictures of my own daughter because I feel like those ones are a true reflection of the way I want to take pictures. I'd love for families to hire me to go to the zoo with them, or ice skating, or on picnics or playing football or frisbee on the beach. No posed pictures, just real families being themselves. This year will bring much refinement to the way I take pictures and the way I portray myself.

This post turned a little random. Oh well. =) I was going to write another segment of My Everyday but the pictures I emailed to myself won't open on my mom's computer, so I'll save it for next week! Tomorrow is another wedding blog that I second shot for!

Thanks for reading! Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous14.1.11

    I relly like the phrase real moments captured by Vanessa. It says a lot as a photographer. So did Google Ads bring in all the inquiries? Now you got me curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't know for sure, Melanie! One bride found me on google, but I'm not sure if that's from an ad or just in general. We'll see! My website did have a lot more hits the day it went live too, so who knows!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a note! I love reading your comments! All comments are moderated by me.

Followers