1.02.2011

Welcoming 2011!

It is officially 2011. Two thousand eleven. Twenty eleven. Whatever you want to call it, it's here! I'm still running on fumes from our NYE festivities. I haven't voluntarily gone to bed at 3am since before my daughter was born. My eyes are still hurting! But it was worth it. NYE is the one night of the year where you HAVE to stay up late, and I love it! You get to hang out with your friends and drink wine and play games and enjoy the end of a year and welcome the beginning of another. Together.

This year my sister and brother-in-law and my husband and I combined forces and threw a big bash at my parents place with a bunch of friends. There were lots of people, more food than could possibly be consumed in one evening, drinks, champagne, cupcakes, chocolate fondue, hot tubbing, and lots of laughter and conversations!

New Year's Resolutions are so not my thing. I quite hate the term actually. This year I happened to make some goals for myself that just so happened to happen at the end of the year, making it somewhat of a New  Year's resolution, by accident. That was an interestingly formatted sentence. Basically, to sum it up, my goal is to define myself, personally and with my business. I want to reflect my true self in everything that I do. At the end of the day (and year) I want to look back and have no regrets. I want to say with confidence that I was true to myself, not trying to be somebody I'm not just to have someone else like me or care about what they think of me. I haven't figured to what capacity this will play out yet, but I'll start where I can! I definitely want to work on my style, as far as clothes go. I've got some friends helping me out with ideas and some Christmas money that is coming to good use here!

Anyway, I'm excited for this year. I'm excited for where it will take me and my family, and I'm excited to see where it takes my business. 4 weddings booked, one in Australia; WPPI in February; plans to purchase some new equipment; revamping my website and possibly blog. Who knows what else!

Here is what my NYE looked like! What did you do to ring in the new year?

Our vast selection of food!

Wine glasses always make for nice photos.


Cheyenne LOVED baby Rylin! She couldn't get enough of this 6 month old beauty! Hugs and kisses and smothering galore!


And then when Rylin was up, Cheyenne would beg for her to come back to her level so she could hug her some more! Pretty sure she thought Rylin was a doll for playing with =)

Cutest eyes ever!




Yummy 2011 cupcakes!

My beverage of choice for the evening

An exciting game of Dutch Blitz.

Who says cheap champagne can't taste good? They obviously haven't tried La Scala Spumante! 1.5 Litres for $11.99. And it was amazing.


The little ones were too excited to sleep! I can't blame them.

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a note! I love reading your comments! All comments are moderated by me.

Followers