2.22.2011

Vegas In A Nutshell

I don't think it's actually possible to sum up Vegas in a nutshell, but I'm going to try. Here we go...

AH-MAY-ZING!!!!

Phew, that was easier than I thought it would be! But seriously, it's incredible here. I fell in love the second our plane emerged from the clouds and all I could see was this vast flat city in the middle of the desert with this pop of city right in the middle of it. Wow. UNreal! It really feels like a pop up city. My hotel room looks out at New York New York and just past it is desert and mountains and blahness. This is craziness!!

The convention itself is phenomenal and overwhelming. I have been inspired and challenged and even shed a few tears (yeah, that's normal, but there's been some eye-opening lectures.) Aside from none of our attempts at setting alarms has worked thus far into the trip we've still made it to our 8am lectures. I don't have much time to write now, nor do I know how to sort through all my thoughts about this experience (that has still really only just begun!) I can't even show you any pictures right now, but there'll be lots when I get home!

Tonight is the Cirque du Soleil show that I got tickets for for Christmas and i can't be MORE excited!!!!! I have 2 things that I want to be able to check off my list while I'm here, oh wait, three.

1. See the fountains dance outside of the bellagio hotel at night
2. wander through the Venetian hotel and pretend I'm actually in Venice, Italy (a dream of mine that will still need to be fulfilled!)
3. Drink a margarita from margaritaville, for a friend, of course ;)

Enjoy your day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Vegas certainly is a different city than ANYwhere else! I also flew in at night, and it really does feel three dimensional. It is strange.

    I am glad the weekend was fantastic for you!
    Enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a note! I love reading your comments! All comments are moderated by me.

Followers